To this day, varicose veins is a common disease. The statistics show that it meets each up to 4 people. The appearance of varicose veins depends on heredity, individual characteristics and ways of life. What is this disease and what are the different types and the stage, you can learn by reading this article.
What is varicose veins?
Varicose veins – it is the expansion of blood vessels and venous, which is accompanied by a decrease of the elasticity of the walls of the blood vessels, thinning and fragility and the formation of nodes. In the future, if this is not a tribute to a treatment, there is hair in a hair net, vienna thicken and narrows their lumen. All these pathological changes lead to dysfunction of the heart valves and the deterioration of the circulation.
The causes of the disease, the risk group
The disease is not called " suddenly, it is conducive to many reasons:
- The hereditary factor. The risk of development of varicose veins in children whose parents suffer from this disease, increases up to 70 %. It can be male and female.
- Professional activitiesrelated to long sedentary position or standing on the legs (working on a computer, drive a long distance, hairdressers, salespeople, teachers).
- The physical load. It can include certain sports, activities, gym, bodybuilding, physical work heavy.
- Dysfunction of the valve of the device vascular. On the walls of the blood vessels has valves that allow the blood to go up and do not return to the detriment of their clicks. Lack of close the valves of flows from the new blood and there is a stagnation of blood, which in turn leads to the expansion and relaxation of the vein.
- Regular walking on heels, tight clothing (corsets, measure the clothing size), excess of weight can also become a contributing factor to the development of varicose veins.
- Circulatory disorders (phlebitis, thrombosis, atherosclerosis), damage and the inflammatory processes in the veins.
The knowledge of the triggering factors in most cases, will prevent the disease the first manifestations or not to let it get worse.
The species and stages of the disease
There are several classifications of varicose vein disease. Let's look at the major ones:
1. The classification of varicose veins on the localization of the pathological process:
- The veins of the upper limbs – the reason may be heredity or heavy physical activities on the hands, for example, a bad incile muscles in the gym, the illiterate, the consumption of dietary supplements.
- Reticular varicose veins – is manifested in the net, and the asterisks on the feet. If you do not take into account complicated internal extension.
- The varicosities of the lower limbs , is considered the most common type. Accompanied by swelling and weight in the legs, puffy veins and ulcers trophic. Often, the symptoms do not pay attention and be present with.
- Varicose veins pelvic – seen in women. The cause of the development can become frequent and complex delivery, taking hormones, the wrong position of the uterus, inflammation of internal genital organs, sedentary work, the hemorrhoids.
- Varicose veins of the genitals in women outside of those described above organs may still meet varicose veins labia and vagina, and in men varicocele and a dilation of the veins of the penis.
- Varicose veins of internal organs – can-be varicose veins of the esophagus, the stomach, the intestine and in the rectum (hemorrhoids). Usually are the result of after the co-morbidities.
2. Classification according to the depth of the pathological process:
- under the skin;
- large varicose veins and a small vein.
3. The international classification of which today enjoy the phlebologists:
- 0 class – varicose veins of signs of lack, but the patient may complain of pain or heaviness in the legs;
- 1 class – visually apparent vascular grid and starlets, muscle spasms;
- Class 2 – during the examination visible swollen from vienna;
- Class 3 – pockets in the area of the leg, ankle and foot, which does not pass, even after the stay;
- Class 4 – injuries to the skin (change in skin color, itching, bubbles);
- Class 5 – the formation of venous ulcers;
- Class 6 – non-healing ulcers, scars. They increase in size and number.
There are several stages of the evolution of the disease (S. C. Saveliev):
- stage of the compensation – may be complaint of fatigue or discomfort in the legs, objectively, you may notice swollen in vienna on one or both of the legs, the veins;
- the stage subcompensation – manifests itself in the form of complaints about the direction of the pressure of the vessel interior, night cramps, numbness of the calfs, swelling, shins and ankles towards the evening;
- the phase of decompensation – in the symptoms in addition changes of the skin in the form of pigmentation, predjisone and injuries, a bulge in the shape of cones on the veins, burning sensation and pain in the limbs.
Symptom of varicose veins
The clinical presentation of varicose veins is determined by the degree of the disease. First step may be conducted in a disguised form, or little symptomatic, which are usually neglected. Spider veins typically begins with the gravity and pain in the legs, the formation of vascular veins and sprockets. Then join the symptoms such as soft tissue swelling, night cramps, sensation of heat in the course of the veins, tingling and a feeling of crawl of tingling. During the inspection, you may notice an increase in painful plots, swollen veins, and nodes.
During the progression of heavy stages of the skin of the affected areas acquires a dark color, is rough and may appear vulnerati areas of the skin (wounds, which is a very long time to heal). All these changes are accompanied by itching of the skin.
During events typical of varicose veins usually no doubts about the existing of the varicose disease. But for the accuracy of the vascular surgeon or phlebologist must be guided by the diagnostic types of the disease:
- Ultrasonic dopplerography – defines the state of the blood circulation and the permeability of the blood vessels.
- Angiography is organized by the introduction into the container of product of contrast, then rays to the study.
- Duplex angioscanning. – allows you to determine the condition of the blood vessels, to reveal the presence of blood clots. Includes 2 methods: soft tissue ULTRASOUND and dopplerography of blood vessels.
- The clinical analysis of blood.
Often special are necessary for the methods of research, as well as the patient's complaints and objective of the inspection do not give doubt of the presence of the varicose disease.
Methods of treatment of varicose veins
The struggle with varicose veins is a lengthy process which requires the treatment of the. It includes traditional methods, is not traditional and conventional medicine.
Antivaricose socks, stockings and tights are effective in the treatment of varicose veins in the initial stage and as maintenance therapy in the treatment process and prevention. There are several classes of compression of the linen, applied to the different stages of the disease.
Consists of oral medication, gels, or ointments for external use:
- medicines to thin the blood;
- anti-inflammatory tool.
The treatment of leeches. This is a therapeutic method that applies during the execution stages of varicose veins with complications (thrombophlebitis). The leeches secrete into the blood a special substance that acts on the coagulation of the blood.
Physiotherapy and exercises
Swimming, gymnastics, walking, physical exercises, prevent the stagnation of blood and improves blood circulation. Properly chosen physical therapy improves venous and arterial and blood circulation, restore the vascular tone and prevent the stagnation of the blood. When the varicose veins, it will be useful even ordinary with a visit on foot or by bike. Specific exercises that apply to this disease.
A series of exercises that apply on the varicose veins of the upper and lower limbs, pelvis and the region of the groin:
- the activity "cycling". Get into the supine position, it is necessary to "pedal", before the onset of fatigue;
- in supine position, lift the feet high and hold for a few seconds, and then a few seconds in a stowed position. Lower on the floor again and repeat the action;
- in a sitting position with the legs omitted on the ground. Perform a rotational movement of the foot in different directions, the heel should touch the ground. Do 15 to 20 times;
- stand up and do a rollover with the high heels on socks, repeat the movement 20 times;
- make no movement on the spot, the socks do not fall off the ground. The movement to do 10-15 minutes;
- jump on the socks 15-20 times, then get up and completely shut down for a few seconds, and then repeat the movement;
- in the elongated position to the position of the hands along the torso, the legs lift and rotate the foot clockwise and back on itself and himself, move his fingers. To fatigue, after a short rest repeat the exercise.
On the one occasion, or during the holidays it is necessary to try more to lift the legs above the head or the chest. Physiotherapy stimulates the muscles of the body to work more closely as a good impact on the vessels and the circulation of the blood.
The methods of traditional medicine
There are many home recipes that facilitate the state of patient in the initial stages and parallel as a complementary treatment. The funds may relieve the symptoms associated with the disease, but the cure, they are not capable. That you can apply in this case:
- The cider vinegar. You can lubricate them affected 2-3 times per day. Also spend vinegar wraps: moisten a towel in reach to hit the veins in the top of the cover with polyethylene and wrap for fixation. Foot then you need to keep in a good position for 15 to 20 minutes. The procedures are performed in the morning and in the evening.
- Green nuts. It is necessary to cut off the nuts, put them in a jar and pour the olive oil. The composition set to 40-45 days in a sunny location. After the time of the data of the solution to wipe the patient areas.
- Tincture of plant. In dimidium-liter pot and folding the leaves of kalanchoe pour and the edge of the alcohol or vodka. Let stand for 6-7 days in a dark place, sometimes, turning the bank. Finished the stain wipe the sick of the space before going to bed, this treatment is done in 3-4 months.
- Cream of garlic. To chopped the garlic, add the vegetable oil in a ratio of 1:2. Before bedtime, the tool spread out on the sick of vienna, vascular, a hairnet and an asterisk, and top to secure the dressing. In the morning, remove the dressing and place worked rinse with warm water. The tool effectively about the early manifestations of the disease, you need to use 2-3 weeks.
- The nuts of nutmeg. Take 1 teaspoon of powder crushed nuts and pour boiling water. Let it rest for half an hour, then add the tablespoon of honey and drink a decoction in the morning on an empty stomach. For more efficiency, you can drink a decoction in the same amount of a few hours. Using this tool, you can take in the course of the year.
The application of methods of treatment required the approval of the doctor-phlebologist. It is, by evaluating the stage and extent of disease, choose the best recipe in the treatment of varicose veins.
Apply when heavy and stages of varicose veins. It is:
- sclerotherapy is organized by the introduction into the vein of a special substance, which fills the lumen of the vessel and disable the audio of the total of the bloodstream. For the determination of the effect, you need to wear a compression of the lingerie. The number of these procedures, defined by a physician based on the extent of the disease;
- the laser therapy irradiation is affected by the veins of the laser beam leads to its floor, and the blood moves from the health of the vessels;
- phlebectomy – line method of removal affected by varicose veins veins, which occurs in such cases, when the methods of treatment will have no effect.
When the whole course of the disease and its degree of processing can only be carried out under the control of the treating physician. Responding to all his instructions, and in the future by following the preventive measures, you can get rid of this disease forever.
What are the preventive measures for the prevention of disease in healthy people and for people who are a risk group?
- adjust your work day (especially to those who work is of a long sitting position or vertical for the stay, you must do workouts);
- wear compression as a preventive measure for all those who are at risk;
- women do not often engage in the high-heeled shoes;
- do not take hot baths and long in the sauna;
- in addition to walking, biking, swimming;
- stop smoking and drinking alcohol;
- keep your weight in a healthy range of the instrument;
- get rid of the habit of sitting, crossing the legs;
- regulate hormones of the body;
- it is useful to organize barefoot.
By following these simple recommendations, you can protect yourself against this insidious disease and prevent its early development.
In drawing conclusions, it can be noted that the varicosities is a very dangerous disease that progresses quickly and leaves behind him of the unpleasant consequences. The timely treatment to doctors and responsible for the integrated treatment stop the disease process and prevent the development of complications.