The severity and pain in the legs may indicate a violation of the cardiovascular and be the first signs of varicose veins. In this article: the spider veins on the legs, the causes, symptoms and prevention.
WHO experts and cardiologists have recognized the varicosities a dangerous disease, "shooting first the feet, then in the heart." A life threatening experience complications of varicose veins: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, ulcers, and bleeding.
Women are genetically predisposed to varicose veins, and 3 times more likely to suffer from the disease than men.
Recently, this disease quickly, "rejuvenates", its symptoms occur even among schoolchildren.
Varicose veins — this is the punishment of the man walking directly, no mammal does not suffer from problems with the veins. The mention of varicose veins there are in the Old Testament. In byzantine manuscripts call evil "colliding with the legs".
Mummy found during the fossio of the ancient tomb, discover the traces of varicose veins and treatment of trophic ulcers of the leg. Scientists and historians have come to the conclusion that this disease accompanies mankind throughout its history.
The impetus to the development of varicose veins are the imbalance of elastin and collagen in the body, resulting in a loss of elasticity of the venous wall, their degradation and stretching, as well as disturbances in the operation of the valves of the veins. The veins and the valves do not cope with the flow of blood, it is in the opposite direction of blood flow and stagnation.
The reasons of varicose veins
- A hereditary predisposition — the main reason for a third of all patients. The risk of the appearance of varicose veins reached 70 percent, if one of their parents, grand-parents suffered from the varicose veins. In the legacy returns is not a disease in itself, but genetically due to the structure of the veins: the weakness of the connective tissue of the wall of the vein, congenital defective valves in the veins. This is why spider veins can occur in young, healthy, and assets (irrespective of their sex, men and even children.
- The modification of the hormonal balance in the body. Puberty, pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, menstruation is one of the natural factors, violating the hormones in women and explain their greater vulnerability to diseases of the veins. The reason for varicose veins more common. This can be explained by the wide use of hormonal drugs in the treatment of disorders of metabolism, menopause, contraception, et al,
- The inflammatory processes in the pelvic and genital (especially in women) hit the small veins, lead to a violation. As a consequence revealed a message between the venous and vessels, in the veins of blood in large quantities and under high pressure. Occurs a dilation of the veins, the valves do not cope against the current of the blood. The result is varicose veins.
- Nervous of the offence. The elasticity of the wall of the veins is regulated by nerve endings. If the nature of their activity varies (during stress, depression, neurosis and others), the tone of the veins decreases, and the thinning of the vessels of the expansion.
- The physical burdens: households and professionals increase pressure in the veins of the legs. The vertical position of the body of the man creates a natural increase in the vessels of the legs the venous pressure. If the static load is excessive, then the pressure in the standing position is reinforced several times. This occurs at the time of weight lifting, pregnancy and childbirth, excessive weight, the debt standing on the legs, et al, risk are sellers, teachers, hairdressers, couriers, dock workers, and others.
- The lack of character of the work or way of life. The profession and the addiction to the computer — the most common causes of varicose veins, in the opinion of the doctors. When the debt of the siege of vienna pinch, the blood circulation is disrupted. Of physio in this case, a professional of the expression: "it varicose veins". The muscles of the leg and the foot are the muscle "pump", pumping the blood up. If we do not move, the tone of the vessels decreases, the pressure increases and the blood stagnates.
- The decrease of the immunity, disease, injury.
- Sex. In women, the diseases of the vessels are more frequent, due to a genetic predisposition. Men are more likely to be varicose veins, but tend to treat it more neglect than women, and are turning to a doctor when the disease is literally "to strike with the feet", it is late and dangerous to the life stages.
- Extended constipation, sneezing and coughing lead to an increase in abdominal pressure, and the pressure in the veins, disrupting the operation of the valves of the veins.
- Flat feet.
- Tight shoes, high heels.
- The constitution of the body — of the people who bear the brunt of low.
The symptoms of varicose veins
The first signs of blood circulation disorders:
- on the surface of the skin appears "vascular mesh" red-bluish hue;
- pain, heaviness, burning sensation (feet "burn"), itching in the legs afternoon;
- numbness, cramps in the legs at night or in the morning.
The next step:
- the skin on the tibia condenses and darkens, starts to peel off, there are stains;
- in the muscles of the legs — pain worse when walking in the calf muscles;
- on the shins and feet shines through venous nodes, projecting on the surface of the skin;
- during palpation of the fingers, the area of the veins — the pain sensation.
The swelling of the legs — a serious warning for the body of the progression of varicose veins, what the depth of vienna are not their main function. At this stage of complications dangerous: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, ulcers, and bleeding may occur at the slightest shock, and in turn very difficult).
What is the danger of varicose veins
Dangerous is not the disease itself, and its complication: thrombophlebitis, which is formed when the inflammation of the inner lining of the veins and leads to the development of blood clots. Blood clots overlap clarified in the veins (phlebothrombosis), or, lift up his eyes to the wall of the blood vessel, penetrate in the lungs (thrombosis).
These complications represent a threat to the life, in particular thrombo-embolism, which often ends in death.
In order to avoid a deadly threat, the treatment of varicose veins should begin as soon as possible: with a visit to the phlebologist, and compulsory study of coagulability of the blood.
The prevention of varicose veins and its future development
Better to walk, stand. Better than standing. Lie better than sitting. This is a stereotype of lifestyle for those who love it and her legs. The calf muscles need to decrease them or to give them a horizontal position, preferably sublime. Your knees should be straight.
You are in a risk group, if he is forced to sit down or stand up. To ensure an outstanding regular of reduce the muscles and the heart.
An active lifestyle: swimming, the bike. While hiking is not just walking, and let us moderate the load on the feet walking fast. Physical activity should not be prolonged and excessive. If you need to do for a long time, try to ice the feet, move the fingers of the feet.
If you are forced to sit:
- Feet on the table! Possible, pull the feet to the level of your heart, to improve the flow of blood in the veins below.
- It would be nice to put his feet on the base. This will reduce the venous pressure and perform simple exercises stops during the siege.
- Don't forget to get up, each time 10 minutes to stretch the muscles of the body.
- During the sieges, firmly pull the fingers of feet, it is an exercise to force the muscles of your calves and directs the flow of blood to the top.
Compression wear during pregnancy, when you are travelling by plane, long distance travel and transport, gym class or a treadmill.
The varicosities do not like:
- And long hot bath and a shower with a temperature of 36.8 degrees and more than 10 minutes.
- Treatment with hormones (make sure you refer to phlebologist!).
- The hormonal contraceptives.
- Tepidus of the procedure.
- Hair removal using wax strips.
- Saunas, steam rooms, and solariums.
- Heel more than 4 to see If the above, the muscles of the calf completely did not catch, there is a stagnation in the joints.
- The excess of weight.
- Alcohol, smoking, overeating.
- Spicy, salty, and fatty dishes.
- Heavy bags (for walking in the store, buy a bag with wheels).
- Self-medication and experiences on health.
To this day, medicine has very effective and efficient methods of treatment of varicose veins. In the early stages, it is amenable to a complete cure. Do not start a disease, losing a precious time on experiments of doubtful, refer to phlebologist.
The objective of the article on varicose veins legs, causes and symptoms:
- recognize the first signs of a serious illness,
- to suspend the development of prevention and treatment to the doctor,
- prevent the fatal consequences.
Be in good health! Fly the approach!