What is the varicosities do not know by hearsay about 20% of the population of the Earth. The diagnosis of varicose veins in the legs involves a failure of vascular valves, which results in a violation of the venous blood system. The veins of the members dilate and can be seen through the skin. When the varicose veins the blood pools in the veins, which leads to a dead end and to the expansion of blood vessels. Accompanied by the disease is strong by swelling, cramping and pain in the legs. The absence of timely treatment can lead to significant complications in the form of thrombosis and thrombophlebitis, and to the formation of venous ulcers.
Causes and symptoms
Any disease caused by a number of reasons, and varicose veins on the legs are not an exception. It causes a malfunction of the valves, the regulation of blood circulation. In the early stages of the disease may not assign a diagnosis, this is why patients belonging to the risk groups, must be more attention to the state of the veins.
The doctors who treat varicose veins, there are the causes of the pathology:
- A sedentary lifestyle, which in turn leads to the deterioration of the vasculature and the torpor of blood in the veins. Physical – one of the reasons of the appearance of varicose veins on the legs, which, in the initial stages manifests itself in the form of varicosities;
- A great importance is a genetic predisposition to the development of the disease. If someone from the family suffers from varicose veins on the legs, the probability of inheriting the disease is very high;
- Increases the risk of disease varicose veins prolonged on the feet at work. The blood stagnates in one place, which leads to the appearance of venous nodes;
- In women, especially active varicose veins during pregnancy, it occurs on a background of hormonal changes, but also due to a substantial increase in weight and corresponding to the load on the veins of the legs;
- Bad habits, especially alcohol abuse, have an impact on the veins of the legs, after which they lose their elasticity, appears venous insufficiency and failure of valves in the vessels;
- Varicose veins on the legs can occur following a long stress;
- The presence of excess weight increases the risk for those who have a genetic predisposition to the disease. Patients belonging to groups at risk, it is necessary to closely monitor your diet;
- Varicose veins can be a concomitant of the disease for the heart disease;
- The age-related changes result in the failure of heart valves and enlargement of the trunk of the veins of the legs;
- Disorders of the circulation occurs because of wear too tight clothes and uncomfortable shoes on the heels;
- Any venous damage and injury of the feet can be the cause of the occurrence of varicose veins of the lower limbs;
- Strengthen the symptoms of varicose veins of the disease and lead to varicose veins, the deep veins can excessive steam room and a sauna.
It is important!
Regardless of the reasons, for which arises varicose veins of the legs, the therapeutic measures should be applied immediately. At the beginning of the disease there is a chance to do it without operation.
The symptoms of varicose veins early to determine fairly difficult, as it manifests itself in the form of fatigue. Visually diagnosed with varicose veins in later stages, when the visible becomes the large subcutaneous vienna, bloating in size. The link to the age of varicose veins has not been documented cases of pathology-varicose among adolescents with a genetic predisposition to this disease. The main ones are the following symptoms of varicose veins in the legs:
- The fatigue, heaviness in the legs, accompanied by pain syndrome;
- Increasing the size of the veins under the skin;
- The night cramps, at later stages, they can happen during the day;
- A strong sensation of burning, and even itching in the lower limbs, in the area of the increased veins;
- Swelling, which even appear on the health of veins, with no signs of damage. The pockets to measure the progression of the disease does not pass, even after the rest.
Having noticed at itself few signs of varicose veins, it is appropriate to refer to phlebologist, to prevent the progression of the disease.
The stage of the disease and possible complications
The scheme of treatment of varicose veins on the legs depends on the stage of the disease. Phlebology allocates the stages of development of varicose veins:
- The initial stage of a varicose vein has no special signs, in addition to the increase of the fatigue, swelling, fatigue and heaviness in the legs especially at the end of the day. On average, the duration of this phase is approximately one year, after which, in the absence of therapy, the disease goes into phase. The treatment of varicose veins of this type is done with the help of local and system medications;
- The second phase of varicose veins is characterized by symptoms that are identical to the first, but manifest themselves, they are stronger. The legs start to hurt actively, edemas appear more rapidly and to a greater extent. Seizures may occur up to 5 times in one night. The second stage is characterized by the appearance of spider veins on the legs. They are located on the legs and thighs;
It is important!
The transition period of the second phase of the third is very short, so starting treatment should, at the onset of spider veins.
- The third stage of varicose veins is more dangerous than the previous two. Visually varicose veins is more visible: the veins become dilated and can be seen in the piderme, change color. The number of affected vessels in the legs is more, there is a sharp pain. In the absence of treatment appear cake moist sores on your feet, the treatment is painful and lasting;
- The more heavy and dangerous phase of varicose veins is the fourth, which is characterized by the increase of the temperature on the bottom formed ulcers quickly and the development of thrombophlebitis. At this point immediate of the operation.
Spider veins is not only unattractive to the sight and the pain. The main danger lies in complications arising on a background of progressive disease.
It is important!
The complications arise in 30% of cases of diseases and immediate medical intervention.
The problems of varicose veins are:
- Skin lesions in the form of dermatitis and eczema, occurring in a context of circulatory disorders and the anoxémie. The symptoms of these complications manifest themselves in the form of itching, blisters and weeping scabs with the unpleasant rash;
- Venous bleeding occurring in a context of relaxation of walls of blood vessels, that can even tear a minimum of physical impact;
- Thrombophlebitis and thrombosis are the most dangerous complications of varicose veins, they require immediate treatment;
- The tissue necrosis and the onset of ulcers trophic characterized the last stages of development of varicose veins. On the skin of cloud cover occur there in moribund tissue. The therapy of these diseases is ineffective.
The development of complications can threaten the life of the patient, so the treatment of varicose veins is mandatory.
The treatment and prevention
Today, doctors know that a lot of ways to eliminate varicose veins. The treatment of the disease depends on its stage. Share two ways of process – conservative and operational, the last shows of the third and of the fourth stage of the disease. The conservative techniques anti varicose therapy are:
- The drug therapy of the complete combination of system and local medicines. The treatment plan signs a doctor, it is even recommend effective medicines;
- The wearing of a jersey compression in the form of storage, golf or tights with different compression rates. A compression garment supports the blood vessel walls during the charge and needed after the operation on the veins of the legs;
- Laser Photocoagulation – the impact of the laser on the affected area by subcutaneous injection of the led. Accordingly, the scope of the vienna glues and is deducted from the total of the bloodstream;
- Sclerotherapy – introduction directly into a vein a special drug, which glue to vienna and to block the light. The movement of the blood is rebuilt on the health of the container;
- The recipes of traditional medicine, which are used in the complex drug treatment. Such a treatment is first of all necessary to agree with your doctor;
- Unconventional means, including the girudoterapiya and the treatment of the water.
It is important!
Every conservative method of treatment of varicose veins requires a pre-diagnosis with the application of ULTRASOUND. At certain stages of the disease and the treatments ineffective and result in a loss of time.
The operational method of treatment of the shows at advanced stages of venous of the defeat, when the conservatives means ineffective and poses a threat to the life of the patient. During the phlebectomy to get rid of vienna from a system of blood circulation and its withdrawal.
The prevention of varicose veins necessary for persons belonging to risk groups, as well as patients who have undergone an operation to prevent varicose veins. Spider veins is a chronic disease, that is why it should be a constant part of the prevention, comprising:
- Wearing comfortable clothing and shoes, the use of compression of the knitted fabrics;
- The refusal of the sedentary lifestyle;
- The adjustment of the power supply;
- The refusal of bad habits;
- Self-massage of the feet;
- The periodic inspection of phlebologist;
- The appointment of medicines to maintain the tone of veins.
Varicose leg veins – a serious disease, which is instantly passes into a chronic stage. The treatment of varicose veins is long and expensive. But you run the disease is not worth it. In effect, varicose veins, rather, its complications may even die. The timely processing and compliance with the recommendations of doctors in the period of remission – the key to a fulfilling life with a diagnosis of varicose veins.